Robert Vance, CPA, ABV, CFF, CVA, CFP
** NOTICE: Designation of Robert Vance as an expert without prior notification constitutes acceptance of the firm's standard retainer agreement
Article Written by Robert Vance-Feature Article of the TN Bar Journal-August 2009-Breakin' Up is Hard to Do
Article Written about Robert Vance that appeared in the Memphis Daily News 10/14/11
Article Written about Robert Vance that appeared in the Memphis Business Journal 2/27/04
Forensic & Valuation Services, PLC, is directed by Robert Vance, CPA, ABV, CFF, CVA, CFP.
Education, Designations and Credentials
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in Accounting, With Honors, from the University of Tennessee, 1985
- CPA, Certified Public Accountant, 1987
- CFP, Certified Financial Planner, 1990
- CVA, Certified Valuation Analyst, 1995
- CFF, Certified in Financial Forensics, 2008
- ABV, Accredited in Business Valuation, 2009
- FINRA Dispute Resolution Arbitrator, 2010
- Tennessee Insurance License, 1997
- Securities Series 6 & 63 Licenses, 1997
- Rule 31 Tennessee Supreme Court Listed General Civil Mediator, 2006
- The Tennessee Society of Certified Public Accountants (TSCPA)
- State Chapter - Forensic & Valuation Services Task Force - Chairman
- Memphis Chapter - Past President
- The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – Member
- Forensic and Valuation Services Section
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA) – Member
- Memphis Bar Association (MBA) - Associate Member
- National Association of Forensic Economics (NAFE)
In 1988, Robert formed the public CPA practice, Robert Vance & Associates CPAs & Consultants. The firm grew rapidly providing high quality accounting and tax services to businesses and individuals in Memphis and the Mid-South. In 1995, Robert began to specialize in business valuation, litigation support and expert witness services. He formed Valuation / Litigation Consultants, PLC in 2003 after selling the CPA practice. He was a partner in the Knoxville office of a large CPA firm from 2007-2010 and is now back in his hometown of Memphis, Tennessee and practices as the principal of Forensic & Valuation Services, PLC.
Robert has been appointed 6 times as a Special Master and qualified as an expert and testified in over 145 trials in 53 different courts/jurisdictions in 4 states with 27 of the testimonies before a jury.
Robert is proud to be an Eagle Scout (1977) of the Boy Scouts of America and has served as an officer on several non-profit Boards including the Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater Memphis and The Phoenix Club.
Robert has published many pieces on business valuation, economic damages and divorce-related subjects in a variety of professional journals including a chapter for the national publication, Valuing Professional Practices and Licenses, A Guide for the Matrimonial Practitioner, and contributed to The Forensic Accounting Deskbook. He has also published articles in the Tennessee Bar Journal, TSCPA’s CPA Journal, Memphis Lawyer, American Journal of Family Law, Memphis Business Journal, Family Practice-The Newsletter for the Family Law Section of the Tennessee Bar Association and The Young Lawyers’ Appeal. He has conducted over 100 continuing education seminars; nationally for the NACVA, the AICPA and the American Bar Association, and throughout the Mid-South for the Tennessee Society of CPAs, the Memphis, Knoxville and Tennessee Bar Associations, Tennessee Attorneys Memo, Tennessee Association for Justice, and National Business Institute.